This is the letter I got from Russell my brother serving a mission in Guatemala.
RENA,
How are you doing? How is Jared? How is your family doing? I am doing fine down here. Spanish is coming, but it is always a struggle to learn a little more every day. Just in case you didn't know, I've been called to the mission office, and might be leaving this next change. It is fun in the office, you get to work pretty closely with the mission president, and know the inner workings of a mission. But it is a little more stressful, and you don't get to spend a lot of time working as a missionary.
Guatemala is fine. The people here are really friendly for the most part. the members are really nice, and always welcoming. The food is good, sometimes a little bland. The main base food here is corn and beans. I rather enjoy black beans now, in fact last night, I was hungry and just heated up some puree beans. i was too lazy to cook myself anything bigger.
Thank you for the package that you sent a couple months ago. I really appreciate it, and thanks for the email. I love the pictures. You really seem to be enjoying it in California, but hopefully you do get to move a little closer to home.
How are Cordell and Nancy doing? they don't write very often. Every time they do write, it seems like a ton of things have happened, like Chris joining the National Guard, Mike and Megan getting married, Persephanie hanging out in Wellsville.
Thanks for the love you send, I hope that all is well in California with you guys. Congratulations with Miley. I am sure he a bundle of fun (Nate sure was).
Till next time,
Elder Smart
PS, I have filled out a little bit. I have gained about 10 pounds here in the mission. Don't worry, there is just a little bit more of me to love :D
You can email him at rusmart@myldsmail.net, I just thought those of you who know Russell might like to see him.



No comments:
Post a Comment