Monday, August 24, 2009

Nate's First day of School!


Nate went to his first day of Kindergarten today. Last night he picked what he wanted to wear today, and we laid it out, so he could dress himself when he got up. At 6:05 am he came into our room, dressed and really excited to go to school. I got him to snuggle with me for a little while before I was told I needed to get up and ready to take him to school.

We all got dressed and Dad said goodbye after he said a wonderful prayer for Nate. Nate gave his dad a great big hug, and told him to have a good day with his workers...lol.

We went down and got breakfast for the kids. Nate said a cute prayer for the food, he also payed that he would make friends, that his teacher would teach him good stuff, and that he would have a good day.

At 8:35 we gathered the kids, and Steph, and got in the car to fight traffic going to the 2 elementary schools that are back to back with each other.


Steph stayed in the car with Miley and Sydney, and I got to see my boy off to Kindergarten. I did get a little emotional, but I didn't let it go. It was just so cool to see him so happy, excited, and ready to go.


We waited in the play area with our kids....this being the only day that we could come into the play area...
and then when the bell rang we took our kids over to the stars with their room number on them, and they explained what time we could pick up our little ones. Nate was holding his hands over his eyes like glasses because it was so bright. He was so excited.


We got to come into the class room with them and we got a gift from the teacher. It was a paper bag with a cotton ball, a tissue, and some tea. It was all to help comfort us parents.


Then we said goodbye and left feeling many different emotions.
Well we decided as the girls to go down to the mall and have fun as just girls.
We hung out at the Disney store for quite a long time....and had to much fun.


See we played dress up, I got some great deals for Christmas stuff for the kids, and we had so much fun that we lost track of time. Luckily I did look at my watch just in time to see we needed to leave so we wouldn't be late to pick up Nate.

When we got to the school he was one of the last like 10 kids still waiting for his mommy, oops. But he was so happy and told me he had a great time at school. He got to work on his numbers, the got a tour of the the school and got to see the library and where the nurse is, he got to play outside, and he got to even hang up his backpack, at least that what he told me when I asked what he had done today. He said he can't wait to go again tomorrow. So day one was a success. Yay! We are so Happy!

1 comment:

M2B2 said...

Can't believe our firstborns are starting kindergarten already?! Nate does look excited and taller than all the other kids in line :-)