Happy Halloween! Sorry I didn't get to this till now...I am trying to catch up as fast as I can and still unpack the house. Well on Halloween morning Mom and Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa Deming came over to the house to help us with some of the unpacking. Grandma and Grandpa had driven down from SLC to see us and to help us unpack, and Mom and Dad were going to drive home with them on Saturday. We women worked on the kitchen while the men put together the table, the beds, and then we put the living room together. We got a ton done and it was so nice to see Grandma and Grandpa too. We hadn't seen them for over a year. Mom and I also went with the kids to get some groceries and to buy a shelf for under the stairs so I could have a pantry. It was interesting driving in a new area where I didn't know where anything was and where I was totally dependent on the GPS so I wouldn't get lost. Sorry mom if my driving scared you. :) Then when night time came, Jared and the men went and got food at Cafe Rio's for us all, Grandmas treat, and we got Nate and Miley in their costumes. Nate was Darth Vader and Miley was just in Halloween pj's and a Halloween bib. She had been sporting Halloween socks mom had bought her everyday since Wednesday, which Miley loved to look at and play with on her feet.

I took Nate out around the neighborhood at around 5:30 and we went to 10 houses before one had someone there to give candy to him. So we went back to the house for an hour and ate. Then we noticed some of the neighbors coming out to sit in front of their garage doors with their candy so we did the same. I took Nate out some more and people were actually home this time. I took Nate around till the guys got back with the food. Then Nate and grandma sat in the front giving candy to the kids while Nate kept talking to everyone and trying to get to know them all as they came by. Mom said he was quite funny. After we ate Jared took Nate around the rest of the neighborhood and I gave out candy.
So Halloween turned out really nice and it was so fun to hang with our family. We did miss our ward in Salinas and the trick or trunk they had. I missed actually knowing the kids that came to get candy, but next year we will have our own ward trick or trunk and then also get to go around with the kids.




No comments:
Post a Comment