Well we are doing good. I did have a crazy experience the other day dropping Nate and his friend Trevin off at school last Thursday. At the school I stopped our SUV and got out of the vehicle, of course leaving it on so the ac was on to keep Miley cool while I opened to doors for the boys. Well Trevin was in the back drivers side so I opened his door first (it is child locked so he couldn't open it himself), then I went around to the passenger side front door, where Nate was, so I could give him a hug and tell him goodbye and to have a good day and to listen to his teacher. After saying goodbye and never even leaving the car (I could touch it the whole time), I walked over to the drivers door and opened the door, or should I say tried to open the door. As Nate was getting out he must have hit the lock button and all the doors, and back hatch had locked. That’s right my little girl was locked in the car with it running, which here is Vegas is a good thing because it is too hot to be in a car if it is off. So I called Jared and asked for him what had happened and to please get some help to me as soon as it was possible. See we don't have another key so he couldn't just come out and unlock the door for me so he called a lock smith and they said they would be out to the school in 10 to 15 min...Well Miley had already been in the car for 10ish min by that time. She kept saying and signing please over and over and begging me to open the door and get her out. I was trying to keep her happy so she wasn’t panicking, like I was inside, by playing peek-a-boo, and making silly faces. It was so hard not to just break a window so I could get her out and hold her. Well on of the men in the ward was kind enough to hang out with me as I waited for the lock smith...he was also trying to keep her happy. The last 5 to 10 min she was crying and getting really upset. Finally the lock smith got there and within 2 min had the door open. The whole fun ended up costing $135.00. I couldn't believe he charged us so much, but I was grateful that the door was unlocked and he had rushed over, so I couldn't complain to the guy. So much fun...later we found out that AAA would have come out and opened the door for free and we have triple A...the things I learn. 1. Don't get out of the car unless I take the keys or unroll my window, even if it will only be 30 sec...a lot can happen in 30 seconds. 2. Don't call a lock smith own Triple A and have them come out...you'll save a ton of money. 3. A cell phone can save a life, I was grateful I could call Jared right then and get help asap. And 4. If you are a woman, some men will take as much money from you as they can. The guy quoted Jared $45.00 on the phone; I didn't know that at the time so when he charged $135.00 I didn't argue I just paid it. I hope none of you have to go threw something this fun, or should I say scary.
Blanche-Neige. annoté
6 years ago



2 comments:
Rena, glad everything turned out okay! That's such a hard thing when you can't reach your little one when they're right there! I hate when guys are jerks to us gals too---something I do when I need to run in quickly and leave the kids in the vehicle running, I take the auto lock key off and stick it in my pocket so I can still lock it with it still running---this works until they can unbuckle themselves anyway, then they try to 'drive' and the plan goes to kaput!
Holy cow! What a fun way to start off the morning! I'm glad that it all worked out. Poor Miley--I can just picture her in the car signing and saying "please" over and over...way to keep your composure!
Post a Comment