Monday, June 29, 2009

Mom comes out to Play! YEAH!

While mom was down here visiting us we had a lot of fun. We picked her up from the airport on Wednesday the 17th. It was my first time driving to the airport, thank goodness for our GPS. I found the airport but the departure area instead of where I needed to be so I had to go back around to the beginning, but unfortunately I took a wrong turn and ended out having to go a really long loop to get to mom. Then on the way back home I took several wrong turns. I really wanted mom to see all of Vegas, even several scary areas. She was a good sport and we finally got home an hour latter then we would have.
We played outside in our backyard after I made lunch of hot dogs and home made mac and cheese, So Good. we drew with sidewalk chalk. Nate and grandma made a bunch of spiders and leaves and I drew Spiderman. The weather was so nice too for us.
Grandma and Nate played on the Wii, bowling, boxing, baseball, while I got Net Nanny on my computer (Jared had just got it all up and fixed after it being broken for 4 weeks, so I had to get it reloaded). When I came back down we also played Mario Cart. Nate has gotten so much better then he used to. He can now drive his own car and make it all the way through the race. He usually takes 11th or last place, but he is getting so much better. He really enjoys playing it and Lego Star Wars. He can do most of that by himself too.

Well while we were playing before bed time I was folding some clothes when Nate, thinking he was funny, put a pair of his underwear on his head. He is such a clown. He keeps us laughing, or shaking our heads. Funny Boy.
Nate mom and I went to the Butterfly park on Thursday. It was a cool park and Nate and Miley had a good time. I really like the water parts of the park. It is a good way to cool Nate down. One of these times I'll get in there with him and take Miley, but this wasn't one of those times. Mom and Miley went for a stroll while Nate played in the water.



When Nate was done playing in the water we went for a walk with everyone and found out that we could walk over to another park, which is right by our library called the dinosaur park. We found a place to eat our lunch and sat and enjoyed. Grandma found a small bubble bottle, like the kind you have at weddings, and gave us a bubble show.

We played on the swings too.

We also went out and got Jared his fathers day present, we got him the EA Active game for the Wii and an extra band so I can work out with him. He has Friday off so I thought we could give it to him tonight so he could enjoy it over the weekend. Nate and Grandma tried it out after Jared and I did a little. Nate really likes it too.

Friday we had to go out and get our shopping done, so thanks Grandma for coming and helping. Grandma treated us to Cafe Rio food after we were done. So taste. Then we tried to go to the Spring Reserves, so I could show Mom and Jared where me and the kids had gone to play with the women and their kids in the ward a week or so before. We got there at a quarter to 6 and found out that they closed at 6. They did let us go in quick so I could show them the park area and a little of the park.


So since it closed so early we went over to the dinosaur park and played instead for a while.





Saturday we set the pool up in the back yard, it was so nice, it was so much warmer than it had been so the water was so nice. We all had a good time playing and cooling down.



You might wonder why this picture is here...well it is the only one of me while we were swimming...lol. We had a great time playing together. We are so glad Grandma came out to play with us.

No comments: