Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Miley & Nate and Us: August 11th-15th

Jared and Nate got this "It's a Girl!" balloon for Miley. It was waiting for us when we came home from the hospital, along with a dozen beautiful reddish pink roses for me, and it was so big and so cute, well I forgot to get a picture of it while it was floating, oops. Oh well, so I took this picture of Miley with it now so we can remember it and how big it was. Of course she has grown quite a bit since then. She is now in 3 to 6 month old clothes.
Miley loves it when daddy comes home. They are really cute together.

Of course Nate loves it too. Nate also really likes to have his little sister sit by him and watch cartoons. He is such a big helper too. He gets me diapers, takes the dirty ones to the diaper pail, he helps me put her binky in when she needs it, he helps me with the laundry, and in the car he talks to Miley and tries really hard to keep her happy. Shading her from the sun when it bugs her, putting her binky in and playing peek a boo, which she doesn't quite understand but just the attention he is giving her makes her happy.

Here is a picture of the cute doves we have around our house. We have been able to watch the two parents make a nest, take turns watching the egg, and now teaching there little kid to fly and eat. It is so cool to watch one of the many wonders our Heavenly Father has blessed us with in this life. I love the sound the Doves make, they help me to remember the temple, which helps me to remember the covenants I have made and how to be truly happy. It's funny that such a small thing as a bird and it's family can teach me so much about life, love, and peace.

Here is Nate and Miley again. In 8 days Miley will be 3 months old. She is growing so fast. Nate is now 48 lbs and 3 feet 11 inches tall, so I'd have to say both my kids are growing fast. I love them both so much. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Jessica Littlefield said...

Rena, your family is so cute! I love the name Miley.

Also, I started a class of '95 group on facebook and it has one silly member (me!). So get on there so I don't feel so sheepish!!

The Wendt Family said...

Hey Rena! Found the link to your blog on Robin's page. Love it! Such a cute background, and a cute little girl decorating the page all over the place!