Friday, May 23, 2008

Miley Leia Deming


Hi all, this is Jared. This is one of the rare times where I am actually posting to this blog instead of Rena, but circumstances are such that she's not able to post at the moment :-). I'm sure you all know what that means. Today was a really wonderful day. Rena gave birth to Miley Leia Deming at 4:07pm PDT. She is 20 inches long and weighs 7lbs 7oz. She has been very mild mannered thus far, only managing a few whimpers when she was born. Otherwise she has been very content. She has just a bit of brown hair and can't seem to keep her hands out of her face, just like in her ultrasound pictures.

Both mother and daughter are doing well. I took Nate and Grandma Smart (Nancy) over to visit this evening, and Nate said that she looked "so cute!" and kept snuggling his head into her. Both Rena and Miley should be coming home tomorrow afternoon. It's a relief and a blessing to finally have Miley here and we couldn't be happier. Wish more of you could be here in person to hold her. I had forgotten what it was like to have such a little child in my arms. I don't know quite how to describe it, but its like holding a small piece of heaven in your arms. Anyway, I'm sure Rena will post more pictures and details as soon as she can. In the meantime, I've put up these pictures to give you a first look.
~Jared

6 comments:

The Metcalf's said...

Yay! We're so glad that everything went well and that Miley and Mom are happy and healthy. She is sooo cute! Love you guys! Hopefully we'll be able to see the little one (and the rest of you) soon! :)

wylie said...

Congratulations Rena! She is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see her in person!

April said...

Congratulations rena and family! She is adorable!

BJC said...

Yay! Congratulations on such a cutie. You should post the picture of Jared and the Noob shirt.

lacey said...

Congratulations Rena! Miley is so cute, and I love that name! You have such a cute and happy looking family! You look great by the way.

Alicia L. said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. So glad everything went well. Just relax and enjoy her now!