Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Baby Shower!

I had a wonderful time yesterday night at a baby shower some great friends had for me and our little Miley, that is if she still is a girl. So thank you Heather and Robin for throwing it for me and thank you all that came and made it a great, and fun night. We had great food and played a fun game. It was called What is Rena's Baby made of??? We had 35 statements listed that could represent some part of a baby's body, and you could only use the body part once. Here are some of them...see if you can figure them out. Later maybe I'll post the answers for you.
1. Box to keep tools in
2. Grown on a cornstalk
3. A type of Macaroni
4. A school child
5. Part of an apple
6. Used by carpenters
7. Weapons of war
8. Part of a clock
9. A type of orange
10. Part of a shoe
11. Place of worship
12. Weathercock
13. A clam
14. A saloon or cheap restaurant
15. Sometimes they buckle
Those were some of the questions asked. It was quite a cleaver game. I only got 23/35 so I didn't win, but I still got to go home with all the other gifts so all in all I'd say I won big time.
Here are the cute things I received...Miley will be so cute. I can't wait.
I'm so excited to have a little girl, and if she is a he,
heaven forbid he will be the prettiest little boy in town.
Nate is stoked too, he is such a big helper to me and I know he'll be a great big brother.

Thanks again to all who made last night wonderful, and for helping us in being prepared for this wonderful occasion. Love the Demings.

6 comments:

Heather said...

You are very welcome. I am so glad you had a good time!

Heather said...

You are very welcome! I am glad that you had a good time! And scored such cute things. Now go have that baby girl!

Melissa said...

Rena,
How are you? I love your tiny little belly...you have been blessed with some good genes girl! I have a feeling I will look like a swollen elephant...

The Metcalf's said...

I'm glad that you had fun at the shower! Yay for little girls! Such cute clothes and stuff--she will be very cute!

lacey said...

Hi Rena!! I have heard that we are due right around the same time, both with little girls!! I am definetely ready for this baby to come out!! Anyways I was wondering if you could tell me your link to your blog so I could add you on our blog. Our link is brianandlaceybagley.blogspot.com. Thanks, and I hope everything is going good with you!

The Birch Family said...

You are almost done! You will love having a girl. I love the name. You got such cute stuff at your shower and the game sounded so fun and not the typical baby shower game!